Thursday 10 July 2014

We are blessed.

We are so excited to announce that our scan went well and our baby appears happy and healthy.


Even though this is our second child so we have experienced this all before its still just as amazing the second time around.The detail you see on the anomaly scan from the little heart beating away to the tiny hands and feet. The raw emotion you feel for the little baby growing inside you and the enormous overwhelming urge to protect the your little one no matter what. Its all there when you see him/her moving around inside you on the screen and is like a tidal wave rushing over you.

After the initial screening we were asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby and were thrilled to hear that this baby looked like a little girl. In the room at the time the main concern was that the baby was healthy and so I didn't feel as emotional about the sex. In my mind I didn't care as long as the baby was healthy. 

We got outside into the car park and started ringing round to tell the family with me ringing my mom first. When I told her I was having a girl my mom screamed with excitement and kept saying over and over how thrilled she was. It was at that moment I realised it was actually what I longed to hear - we were having a little girl and our family was complete - I burst into tears of happiness and my partner put his arms around me.






No comments:

Post a Comment